Our full-service marketing agency works with B2B and B2C clients across the UK, delivering campaigns for local authorities, public sector organisations, private developers, and emerging tourism destinations.
We are smart communicators at ease telling our clients’ stories creatively across multiple channels and building comprehensive marcomms strategies that deliver tangible, data-rich results. We give the best advice because we invest in research, and we invest in our team.
Our client list continued to grow in 2020 and 2021, and demand for our marketing services has increased considerably in the past few months. This is where you come in…
We are looking for a new PR & Marketing Lead to join our team and manage some of our key client accounts.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in delivering creative PR and communications campaigns, either as part of an in-house team or in an agency environment, and ideally have further experience in delivering B2C or B2B marketing campaigns. Our clients span a range of industries, from Government agencies to UK tourist destinations, and require anything and everything from stakeholder engagement plans, compelling social media content, and awards submissions.
You must be a strong writer, a natural problem solver, and very comfortable talking to both clients and journalists. You should be driven by results, and able to present data-rich reports to both your team and your clients. You will be responsible for a number of clients, and knowledge or experience of working in the public sector would be advantageous.
In return, you will be supported by a multifaceted, positive team of like-minded individuals in the heart of the Garden of England. We offer a generous package (depending on experience and subject to a qualifying period), including health plan, sickness insurance, and objectives towards career progression.
We currently offer a blend of office hours – you’ll have a choice between working in our Maidstone or Canterbury offices – and home working.
- Creating and delivering compelling PR and communications campaigns for your clients
- Liaising with the media and securing effective press coverage
- Devising and supporting marketing plans for a range of B2B and B2C clients, with a proactive attitude
- Meticulous management of accounts, including regular reporting and results presentations
- Outstanding client liaison skills, with an exemplary attitude towards client communications and care
- Creating engaging content for social media, websites, and print media
- Working on service proposals, including writing and delivering new business pitches
- Being a trusted, knowledgeable and proactive advisor to your clients
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing and / or PR role
- A degree in Journalism or English, or related
- Evidence of results-driven campaign management, and client reporting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent client management experience and people skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks in an agency environment
- Proactive approach to workloads and targets
- Experience of working in property, placemaking or public sector marketing highly desirable
- Experience delivering social media content strategies will be a strong advantage in addition to the skills listed above.
If you are a switched on, savvy and hard-working marketing professional looking to join a supportive and progressive team, we want to hear from you.
Please contact Strategic Communications Director Sinead Hanna (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your CV and a covering letter setting out why Pillory Barn should consider you, along with a copy of your digital portfolio or key samples of your work to date.
Salary £23,000 – £26,000 pa, depending on experience.
Closing date: 12noon Friday 6th August 2021.