We are recruiting a Client Communications Manager (Job Share)
Who we are
Pillory Barn is a Maidstone-based marketing agency with a truly impressive client list. We are a team of 18; all creative and all highly experienced in our own specialisms – be it communications, PR, digital, design or events.
We’re known for our attention-grabbing place marketing and property development campaigns, but we also work for a huge variety of clients with tourism, hospitality, public sector, technology, healthcare just a few other sectors we operate in.
2020 is shaping up to be a busy year and we’re growing our team.
The position of Client Communications Manager is available on a job share basis, working in partnership on some of our key accounts with an existing member of the team. You’ll also be required to provide consultancy across the agency’s client roster when needed, prepare and present new business pitches and problem solve.
You will have worked in marketing at a senior level and may be seeking a more flexible role for your next career step. We’re happy to accept applications from candidates with agency experience, in-house, or both. The most important factor in our decision will be you. If you’re someone with the expertise and confidence to make a difference to our team from day one we want to hear from you.
The main duties of the role will include
- Developing, delivering and reporting on bespoke communications and marketing strategies for your clients
- Being a trusted, knowledgeable and proactive advisor to your clients – presenting to senior-level clients and in pitches
- Promoting some of the most exciting stories in Kent and the South East
- Liaising with the media – researching and pitching ideas and maintaining excellent industry contacts
- Managing communications challenges and reactive media relations, including preparing statements
- Attracting, engaging and converting target audiences on and offline
- Create excellent written content – award entries, press releases, social media content
- Seeking and securing new marketing opportunities for each of your clients
- Delivering proposals for potential clients, including pitching
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing and / or PR at a senior level
- Experience of working in property, placemaking or public sector marketing (desirable)
- A degree in Journalism/Marketing/English or related
- Relevant marketing qualification (desirable)
- Ability to provide expert marketing consultancy to a broad range of clients
- Experience of issues management and media relations
- A strategic approach and focus on measurable results
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise
- Proactive approach to workload and new ideas
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation and other online marketing disciplines.
- Recognised digital qualification would be an advantage
Our offices are located at the Maidstone Studios (where you may spot a celebrity or two), with free on-site parking. Your benefits package will include our health plan, sickness insurance, and generous holiday allowance.
How to Apply
This role is available on the basis of 21 hours per week across three days (Monday, Thursday, Friday).
Please contact Julie O’Connor sharing your CV and examples of your work along with your salary expectations: firstname.lastname@example.org